“We need to build local communities of faith where our social teaching is central, not fringe; where social ministry is integral, not optional; where it is the work of every believer, not just the mission of a few committed people and committees.”
USCCB, Communities of Salt&Light
Our efforts are grounded in Scripture and the social teaching of the Catholic Church:
- Life and dignity of the human person.
- Community and the common good.
- Rights and responsibilities.
- Option for the poor and vulnerable.
- Dignity of all work and the rights of workers.
- Solidarity with others in one human family.
- Care for God’s creation.
The Social Concerns Committee meets every second Wednesday of the month immediately following mass.
Active groups include:
- Right to Life
- God’s Helping Hands
- St. Vincent dePaul Society
- International Students Outreach Program